Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Print variable page sizes

I have a sheet that varies in number of lines I want to print. Number o
columns is constant.

The number of lines is found by adding 20 to the highest number i
column A, where a list of items from 1 to x starts in A6. Eg. if x = 1
the area to print is from A1 to N37.

I will need VBA to find out what the value of MAX(A:A) is. How is thi
done?

The meaning is perhaps easiest understood by following sentence, whic
unfortunately does not make sense to VBA:
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "A1:N(MAX(A:A)+20)"

NS

--
ns
nsv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2650

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

n1 = Application.Max(Range("A:A")) + 20
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$N$" & n1

Tom Ogilvy

"nsv" wrote in message

I have a sheet that varies in number of lines I want to print. Number of
columns is constant.

The number of lines is found by adding 20 to the highest number in
column A, where a list of items from 1 to x starts in A6. Eg. if x = 17
the area to print is from A1 to N37.

I will need VBA to find out what the value of MAX(A:A) is. How is this
done?

The meaning is perhaps easiest understood by following sentence, which
unfortunately does not make sense to VBA:
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "A1:N(MAX(A:A)+20)"

NSV

--
nsv
nsv's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537469

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It just works!! Thanks Tom!!

I am only an amateur in VBA, but I have a lot of small tasks to solv
when working with Excel and the VBA Help text is not very helpful. I
is difficult if not impossible to find this kind of tip
systematically, so your help is very appreciated.

Niel