Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Floating hyperlinks

How can I create a TOC file within a folder that links to multiple documents
within the same folder regardless of where the folder has been copied?
I have create a directory tree on my computer and would like to burn it onto
a disk in the same format. Unfortunately, Excel still looks for the files on
my computer.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have always heard that hyperlinks were stored as relative, so you shouldn't
have the problem if that is true.

If you do have a problem, I would suggest using the Worksheetfunction

=Hyperlink()

and buid the argument to the function using concatenation.

You can retrieve the full path of the workbook with

=Cell("Filename",A1)

but this returns

C:\Data\[Pivot_Data1.xls]Sheet3

as an example

You can strip out the path with

=Left(cell("filename",a1),find("[",cell("filename",a1))-1)

and use that to build your hyperlink address.

Tom Ogilvy