Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Row limit in Excel

I have around 75000 rows of data to be displayed in Excel sheet, but the
data is getting truncated after 65536 rows because of the limit on
number of rows that Excel allows. Is it possible to remove the row
limit in the excel? or is it possible to add a new worksheet
dynamically whenever one worksheet is full with 65536 rows?

I am getting this large amount of data when I ran a nVision Report for
Peoplesoft. In this, it runs a Query and outputs the result data to an
excel sheet.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
mannan
mannan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33856

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

nope - you'll have to wait for excel 2007.
Has a row limit approx 1000000

--
MattShoreson
MattShoreson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3472

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mannan,

See MSKB Knowledge Base Article # 120596
"Importing text files larger than 65536 rows"

---
Regards,
Norman

"mannan" wrote in
message ...

I have around 75000 rows of data to be displayed in Excel sheet, but the
data is getting truncated after 65536 rows because of the limit on
number of rows that Excel allows. Is it possible to remove the row
limit in the excel? or is it possible to add a new worksheet
dynamically whenever one worksheet is full with 65536 rows?

I am getting this large amount of data when I ran a nVision Report for
Peoplesoft. In this, it runs a Query and outputs the result data to an
excel sheet.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
mannan
mannan's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536323

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi mannan,

Do you really need to *display* 75,000 rows? Or just analyse them?

If its the latter, you could load the data into an array, analyse it there
with vba, then write the results to a worksheet (or even another file). I've
processed data sets of 11,000,000 rows this way, far faster than loading
them into worksheets and processing with formulae could possibly have
permitted.

Cheers

"mannan" wrote in
message ...