Jon Chase

Default Row limit in Excel

Is there a row limitation in Excel ? Reason why I ask, I have a control that
reads rows out of a Database. I have the option of creating this report by
dates. With one date, it will yield 5965 rows and I can open up that report.
Now with just the next day's date, it will yield 6060 rows and the Excel
file will be created, but it encounters a Microsoft error. There is no
difference in the data. I can in fact make the dates shift and include the
date range that was failing but it wouldn't go to the current - i.e.
4/23/2004 to 3/29/05 will fail but 4/24/05 - 03/29/05 will work, and if I
move the dates - 4/23/2004 to 3/28/05 will work - so it has nothing to deal
with the data, but the amount of data and I have narrowed it down to row
limitation. Does anyone know of a row limitation in Excel ?
Harald Staff

Hi

Each Excel worksheet (of which a workbook/file may contain several) is
limited to 2^16 rows * 2^8 columns. Ctrl End Downarrow -in sequence, not
simoultaneosly- will take you there.

6060 rows is nothing, the error is elsewhere.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Jon Chase" skrev i melding
[...]

Jon Chase

Does anyone know where and how I can find out what is the root of this cause
? I have the error signatu

AppName: excel.exe
AppVer: 11.0.6355.0
AppStamp: 40aa979f