Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rod Rod is offline

Default Excel formula for finding next number in a given sequence?

I would like to know if there is a formula that can determine what number
comes next in a sequence of given numbers.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ummm... N + 1?

How about more information...

doco

"Rod" wrote in message
I would like to know if there is a formula that can determine what number
comes next in a sequence of given numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unless you know before hand whether the sequence is Arithmetic or
Geometric, you may have a very tough time writing a macro to figure it
out by testing data in cells. You could assume it to be Arithmetic and
take the difference between the last two cells and add it to the value
in the last cell to get the next value, but...
--------------------
Ben

--
protonLeah
protonLeah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32097

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might find
http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/
useful. If that is not what you are asking, then reply back with more
complete description.

Jerry