Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I make a particular column required in Excel?

Our NPO is creating a reimbursement chart in Excel. We're trying to make it
so that if employees do not fill in one particular column entitled
"Projects," they will get an error or will be unable to have a final sum
filled in.

Is there any way I can make this particular column required so that if it is
not filled in, the chart will not complete properly?

Thank you in advance for any advice or help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

for i = 2 to 30
if cells(i,1) < "" then
' fill in this row
else
msgbox "You need to fill in " & Cells(i,1).Address
End if
Next

in a formula

=if(A1="","", formula to calculate value)

Tom Ogilvy