Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Could use some help creating a macro....

I've never created a macro before, and I'm not 100% sure that it's what
I need here.
Here's what I'm trying to accomplish....
I've created a spreadsheet with several imbedded workbooks and about
10 columns of data on each workbook.
I have an invoice form, containing about 5 columns of data.
What I hope to accomplish is that appropriate data entered in my
workbooks is automatically placed and consolidated on my invoice sheet
in the appropriate boxes.
I would really appreciate any help that someone would be willing to
provide. I'm getting fairly proficient with formulas, but right now
macros are new territory for me.
Thanks for any guidance that you can provide.

**** I should probably note that I'm using excel '97*******

--
texasx96
texasx96's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33786

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=IF(Sheet1!D3<"",Sheet1!D3,"")
Put this formula in a box on you invoice sheet
The change the "Sheet1" and the D3 to what you need sheet and cell you need
the formula to read from, if it is blank, the formula will also leave it
blank until there is anything typed in.
HTH

"texasx96" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I really appreciate the response, but I'm not sure if that is quite what
I'm looking for.

=IF(Sheet1!D3<"",Sheet1!D3,"")

1) I could see this working if I made a seperate invoice for each
embedded workbook, however, what I'd really like to do is have one
"master invoice" that pulls data from all six embedded workbooks.
**Maybe I could have a data sheet that pulls out all the relevant info
from each workbook, then I could pull the data off of there to my
"master invoice"** Am I making it too complicated by doing that?

2) Is there a way to modify your "if, then statement" so that a
triggering response populates multiple cells rather than an individual
cell?

I appologize if this isn't making any sense--I'm learning as I go.