Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CHOOSE function NOT RIGHT????

I apologize for my misunderstanding of how this all works. I posted the
original question along with a couple of others and had no response over a 24
hour period. I determined that I was unclear with the information I was
providing so I reposted. I received a response that I tried to make work for
me but couldn't so I reposted again. I tried to map a table for my
explanation but I'm not sure it comes thru as a table. I also think Tom
Ogilvy may be giving me the corrected information but I still can't
understand it enough to implement it or it doesn't work for my senario. Thank
you for the explanation on how this site works I'm new to all this. Do you
think you could explain the formula that Tom has given me if you think it
will work? Thanks very much.

"Dick Kusleika" wrote:

Tomkat743 wrote:
The following formula was given to me but I don't think that I was
explaining my self very well. I have mapped a table below that I
think explains it a little better. I just feel like either Choose is
not the right function or it needs some help(much like me)ha ha. Any
help appreciated, Thanks

=IF(OR('9508'!$E$2="",'9508'!$E$2=0),"",CHOOSE(TRU NC('9508'!$E$2/200)+1,100,200,300,400,500))

It is generally not desireable to have three or four threads for the same
question. I'm working on a thread entitled "Not quite there", while Tom and
Mat are addressing the same question in different threads. I don't know if
they have satisfactorily answered your question, but if they had and I had
spent any amount of time on it, it would seem like a big waste of my time.
Hopefully you can see my point of view.

When you don't get a response, it's usually due to just a few reasons. 1.
Your question is too broad which indicates you haven't done any prepatory
work on the problem. 2. Your explanations aren't clear. 3. Your subject
isn't descriptive.

Take a look here
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...iable-lookups/.
I tried to interpret you explanations in "Not quite there". If I missed
something, please respond to this post. When I reply to a post, my reply
turns red and all replies to it turn red. I never miss replies to my posts.
If you start a new thread, there's about a 5% chance I'll see it.

--
Dick Kusleika
MS MVP - Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tomkat743 wrote:
I apologize for my misunderstanding of how this all works. I posted
the original question along with a couple of others and had no
response over a 24 hour period. I determined that I was unclear with
the information I was providing so I reposted. I received a response
that I tried to make work for me but couldn't so I reposted again. I
tried to map a table for my explanation but I'm not sure it comes
thru as a table. I also think Tom Ogilvy may be giving me the
corrected information but I still can't understand it enough to
implement it or it doesn't work for my senario. Thank you for the
explanation on how this site works I'm new to all this.

You're welcome. I learned it because someone explained it to me, so it's
the least I can do.

Do you think
you could explain the formula that Tom has given me if you think it
will work? Thanks very much.

\

I can explain that formula, but I don't think it's right for your
application. If you have one site, and therefore one scale of threshholds,
then the formula is fine. But you don't, so don't spend any more time on it
other than for your own edification.

My understanding is that you have multiple sites and each site has it's own
production level threshholds. You want to supply Actual Mileage, Production
Level, and Site and return Reimbursed Mileage. Look at the link I provided
and that I repeat below. If the method used in that link doesn't work, then
tell me specifically why. Tell what inputs I'm missing. Tell me what
inputs you've used that produce the wrong outputs.