Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Clear Form results in INCORRECT "Invalid Property" message....

Hi - my code works fine if youve just open the app. But if I clear the
form I and start again it sends up Invalid property messages IN ERROR.
The entries in these field are correct.
Could someone check my code and tell me where I have gone wrong?
Thanks
Bernie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Far to long to check.

Do you have a *short* version? Comment everything out which is not *relevant*.

Tim

"B" wrote in message ups.com...
Option Explicit

<snipped 2000 lines of code....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yes I see....I just have no idea where the problem is coming from so I
just posted it all. I can email the file if your like! :)
This is the "Clear Form" bit....cant see anything harmful there....
Private Sub cmdClearUF_Click()
'Clear all fields on the form.
'Shared fields
cbxAge = ""
cbxSex = ""
cbxState = ""
cbxNoH = ""

'Income Protection
tbxOcCat = ""
cbxOcCat = ""
tbxSal = ""
tbxWkBenN = ""
tbxWkBenS = ""
tbxWkBenT = ""
tbxAnPrem = ""
tbxWkPrem = ""
tbxAnPremSD = ""
tbxWkPremSD = ""
tbxNoUIP = ""
tbxEligible = ""
'cbxOcCat.Locked = False
'tbxSal.Locked = False

'Death/TPD Frame
'cbxNoUDT.Locked = False
'cbxSIDT.Locked = False
cbxNoUDO = ""
cbxNoUDT = ""
cbxSIDO = ""
cbxSIDT = ""
tbxDOAnPrem = ""
tbxDOWkPrem = ""
tbxDTAnPrem = ""
tbxDTWkPrem = ""
tbxUValDO = ""
tbxUValDT = ""
tbxTPDDef = ""
tbxSumAnPrem = ""
tbxSumWkPrem = ""
tickDO = False
tickDT = False
tickIP = False

cbxSex.Locked = True
cbxState.Locked = True
cbxNoH.Locked = True
cbxNoUDO.Locked = True
cbxNoUDT.Locked = True
cbxSIDO.Locked = True
cbxSIDT.Locked = True
tbxSal.Locked = True
tickIP.Locked = True
tickDO.Locked = True
tickDT.Locked = True

' Here is the bit that gets calculated when the age is specified
Private Sub cbxAge_Change()
'Unlocks these boxes

'When changing age clears these frames.
cbxSex = ""
cbxState = ""
cbxNoH = ""

'Income Protection
cbxOcCat = ""
tbxSal = ""
tbxWkBenN = ""
tbxWkBenS = ""
tbxWkBenT = ""
tbxAnPrem = ""
tbxWkPrem = ""
tbxAnPremSD = ""
tbxWkPremSD = ""
tbxNoUIP = ""
tbxEligible = ""

'Death Only And Death & TPD
cbxNoUDO = ""
cbxNoUDT = ""
cbxSIDO = ""
cbxSIDT = ""
tbxDOAnPrem = ""
tbxDOWkPrem = ""
tbxDTAnPrem = ""
tbxDTWkPrem = ""
tbxUValDO = ""
tbxUValDT = ""
tbxTPDDef = ""

If cbxAge < "" Then
cbxSex.Locked = False
cbxState.Locked = True
cbxNoUDO.Locked = True
cbxNoUDT.Locked = True
cbxSIDO.Locked = True
cbxSIDT.Locked = True
tbxSal.Locked = True
tickIP.Locked = True
tickDO.Locked = True
tickDT.Locked = True
End If
If (cbxAge < 18) Then
tbxEligible = "Insurance is not available to members uner 18 years
of age."
cbxSex.Locked = True
cbxState.Locked = True
cbxNoUDO.Locked = True
cbxNoUDT.Locked = True
cbxSIDO.Locked = True
cbxSIDT.Locked = True
tbxSal.Locked = True
tickIP.Locked = True
tickDO.Locked = True
tickDT.Locked = True
GoTo Label2

If (cbxAge < 65) Then
If cbxNoH < "" Then

'cbxNoH.Locked = False
cbxNoUDT.Locked = False
cbxSIDT.Locked = False
cbxOcCat.Locked = False
tbxSal.Locked = False

If (cbxAge 69) Then
tbxEligible = "Insurance is not available to members over 69 years
of age."
cbxNoUDO = "NA"
cbxSIDO = "NA"
cbxNoUDT = "NA"
cbxSIDT = "NA"
tbxSal = "NA"
tickIP = False
tickDT = False
tickDO = False

cbxSex.Locked = True
cbxState.Locked = True
cbxNoUDO.Locked = True
cbxSIDO.Locked = True
cbxNoUDT.Locked = True
cbxSIDT.Locked = True
tbxSal.Locked = True
cbxOcCat.Locked = True
cmdLookUp.Locked = True
tickIP.Locked = True
tickDO.Locked = True
tickDT.Locked = True

GoTo Label2

'If over 65 shows that Death&TPD and IP not available.
If (cbxAge 64) Then
cbxNoUDT = "NA"
cbxSIDT = "NA"
tbxDTAnPrem = "NA"
tbxDTWkPrem = "NA"
tbxUValDT = "NA"
tbxTPDDef = "Death & TPD Insurance not available to persons
65 or over."
cbxOcCat = "NA"
tbxSal = "NA"
tbxWkBenN = "NA"
tbxWkBenS = "NA"
tbxWkBenT = "NA"
tbxAnPrem = "NA"
tbxWkPrem = "NA"
tbxAnPremSD = "NA"
tbxWkPremSD = "NA"
tbxNoUIP = "NA"
tbxEligible = "Income Protection Insurance not available to
persons 65 or over"
cbxNoH.Locked = True
cbxNoUDT.Locked = True
cbxSIDT.Locked = True
cbxOcCat.Locked = True
tbxSal.Locked = True

End If
'If AGE changed this finds relevant cells for Sum Insured, Unit Value
for age.
If cbxAge < "" Then

sheetA = "=DTArrays!"
sheetB = "DTArrays"

Select Case cbxAge
Case Is <= 29
valueCellDT = "B"
Case Is <= 34
valueCellDT = "C"
Case Is <= 39
valueCellDT = "D"
Case Is <= 44
valueCellDT = "E"
Case Is <= 49
valueCellDT = "F"
Case Is <= 54
valueCellDT = "G"
Case Is <= 59
valueCellDT = "H"
Case Is <= 64
valueCellDT = "I"
Case Else

GoTo Label1

End Select

NoUDT = 0
SIDT = 0
rangeDT = valueCellDT & "3"

Do Until SIDT 1000001
NoUDT = NoUDT + 1
SIDT = NoUDT * Worksheets(sheetB).Range(rangeDT).Value
Loop

NoUDT = NoUDT + 2
sDT = NoUDT
rangeSIDT = valueCellDT & "4:" & valueCellDT & sDT
rangeNoUDT = "A4:" & valueCellDT & sDT
cbxSIDT.RowSource = sheetA & rangeSIDT
cbxNoUDT.RowSource = sheetA & rangeNoUDT
valueAmtDT =
FormatCurrency((Worksheets(sheetB).Range(rangeDT). Value), 0)
tbxUValDT = FormatCurrency((valueAmtDT), 0)

Label1:
sheetC = "=DArrays!"
sheetD = "DArrays"

Select Case cbxAge
Case Is <= 29
valueCellD = "B"
Case Is <= 34
valueCellD = "C"
Case Is <= 39
valueCellD = "D"
Case Is <= 44
valueCellD = "E"
Case Is <= 49
valueCellD = "F"
Case Is <= 54
valueCellD = "G"
Case Is <= 59
valueCellD = "H"
Case Is <= 64
valueCellD = "I"
Case Else
valueCellD = "J"

End Select

NoUD = 0
SID = 0
rangeD = valueCellD & "3"

Do Until SID 1000001
NoUD = NoUD + 1
SID = NoUD * Worksheets(sheetD).Range(rangeD).Value
Loop

NoUD = NoUD + 2
SD = NoUD
rangeSID = valueCellD & "4:" & valueCellD & SD
rangeNoUD = "A4:" & valueCellD & SD
cbxSIDO.RowSource = sheetC & rangeSID
cbxNoUDO.RowSource = sheetC & rangeNoUD
valueAmtD =
FormatCurrency((Worksheets(sheetD).Range(rangeD).V alue), 0)
tbxUValDO = FormatCurrency((valueAmtD), 0)

End If
Label2:
End Sub

'Here is one of the bits that uses the above variables and is what
should happen instead of the error.
'There are 4 similar bits like this.
Private Sub cbxSIDO_Change()
'Calcs premium and recalcs relevant totals if DEATH ONLY SUM INSURED
AMOUNT changed.
If cbxSIDO < "" Then
cbxNoUDO = cbxSIDO / valueAmtD
tbxDOAnPrem = FormatCurrency((((cbxNoUDO *
ufAdmin.tbxAdminDOPrem.Value) * 52)), 0)
tbxDOWkPrem = FormatCurrency((cbxNoUDO *
ufAdmin.tbxAdminDOPrem.Value), 0)

Dim VtbxDTAnPrem As Double
Dim VtbxAnPremSD As Double
Dim VtbxDTWkPrem As Double
Dim VtbxWkPremSD As Double
Dim VtbxDOAnPrem As Double
Dim VtbxDOWkPrem As Double
If IsNumeric(tbxDOAnPrem) = True Then
VtbxDOAnPrem = tbxDOAnPrem
Else: VtbxDOAnPrem = 0
End If
If IsNumeric(tbxDOWkPrem) = True Then
VtbxDOWkPrem = tbxDOWkPrem
Else: VtbxDOWkPrem = 0
End If
If IsNumeric(tbxDTAnPrem) = True Then
VtbxDTAnPrem = tbxDTAnPrem
Else: VtbxDTAnPrem = 0
End If
If IsNumeric(tbxDTWkPrem) = True Then
VtbxDTWkPrem = tbxDTWkPrem
Else: VtbxDTWkPrem = 0
End If
If IsNumeric(tbxWkPremSD) = True Then
VtbxWkPremSD = tbxWkPremSD
Else: VtbxWkPremSD = 0
End If
If IsNumeric(tbxAnPremSD) = True Then
VtbxAnPremSD = tbxAnPremSD
Else: VtbxAnPremSD = 0
End If

If tickDT = True Then tickDO = False
If tickIP = True Then
tbxSumAnPrem = FormatCurrency((VtbxDTAnPrem +
VtbxAnPremSD), 2)
tbxSumWkPrem = FormatCurrency((VtbxDTWkPrem +
VtbxWkPremSD), 2)
End If
If tickIP = False Then
tbxSumAnPrem = FormatCurrency((VtbxDTAnPrem), 2)
tbxSumWkPrem = FormatCurrency((VtbxDTWkPrem), 2)
End If

If tickDT = False Then
If tickDO = False Then
If tickIP = True Then
tbxSumAnPrem = FormatCurrency((VtbxAnPremSD), 2)
tbxSumWkPrem = FormatCurrency((VtbxWkPremSD), 2)
End If
If tickIP = False Then
tbxSumAnPrem = ""
tbxSumWkPrem = ""

If tickDT = False Then
If tickDO = True Then
If tickIP = True Then
tbxSumAnPrem = FormatCurrency((VtbxDOAnPrem +
VtbxAnPremSD), 2)
tbxSumWkPrem = FormatCurrency((VtbxDOWkPrem +
VtbxWkPremSD), 2)
End If
If tickIP = False Then
tbxSumAnPrem = FormatCurrency((VtbxDOAnPrem), 2)
tbxSumWkPrem = FormatCurrency((VtbxDOWkPrem), 2)

'If tickDO = True Then tickDT = False
' If tickIP = True Then tbxSumAnPrem =
FormatCurrency((VtbxDOAnPrem + VtbxAnPremSD), 2)
' tbxSumWkPrem =
FormatCurrency((VtbxDOWkPrem + VtbxWkPremSD), 2)
' If tickIP = False Then tbxSumAnPrem =
FormatCurrency((VtbxDOAnPrem), 2)
' tbxSumWkPrem =
FormatCurrency((VtbxDOWkPrem), 2)

If tickDO = False Then
If tickDT = True Then
If tickIP = True Then
tbxSumAnPrem = FormatCurrency((VtbxDTAnPrem +
VtbxAnPremSD), 2)
tbxSumWkPrem = FormatCurrency((VtbxDTWkPrem +
VtbxWkPremSD), 2)
End If
If tickIP = False Then
tbxSumAnPrem = FormatCurrency((VtbxDTAnPrem), 2)
tbxSumWkPrem = FormatCurrency((VtbxDTWkPrem), 2)
labelF:
If tickDT = True Then tickDO = False

End If
If cbxSIDO = "" Then
cbxNoUDO = ""
tbxDOAnPrem = ""
tbxDOWkPrem = ""

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could try not relying on default properties and specifying them explicitly instead.

Eg. not
tbxWkBenS = ""
but
tbxWkBenS.Text = ""