Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 'On change' property

Hi all,

is there a way I can fire up a macro on change of a certain columns'
cells?
I need to regularly change the values in column C, and when I do I want
my macro to run...

thank sin advance,
Matt

--
matpj
matpj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21076

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Const WS_RANGE As String = "C:C"

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
'do your stuff
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

"matpj" wrote in
message ...

Hi all,

is there a way I can fire up a macro on change of a certain columns'
cells?
I need to regularly change the values in column C, and when I do I want
my macro to run...

thank sin advance,
Matt

--
matpj
matpj's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534095

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,
i'v just been asked by the end user of this if its possible to run th
macro using the Worksheet Activate property or the Workshee
Deactivate?

I tried just pasting the code into these properties in turn but nothin
happened.

when I change a value and then go to a different workbook, nothin
seems to run at all.
is there something i'm not doing?

the code i'm trying to use is:

Code
-------------------

Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()

Const WS_RANGE As String = "D:D"

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
Call shade
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

End sub

thanks in advance,
Mat

--
matp
matpj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

back to the top.
Does anyone th answer to this.
I've attempted several things, but none of them seem to work..