Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default getting data from all files from a folder.

Hi,
I am using a formula such as
=VLOOKUP(A18;'C:[NF1.xls]Sheet1'!$B$15:$F$41;3;FALSE)*((AND(C6='[Not
Fişleri.xls]Sheet1'!$F$8)))
to retrieve data from an excel file to my main working excel file. The
referance data are in A18 and C6. The data in A18 is always the same but the
data in C6 will differ for the range C6:Z6.
I need to generelize this process, getting data from all files from within a
folder (and retrieving data from a range of columns) via a macro process.
Can you suggest a stucture for it?
p.s.: I can be more spesific if asked...
TIA

J_J

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just have your macro construct and write the formulas you need.

You can identify the files in a folder using the DIR command. See the vba
help for a code sample.
--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"J_J" wrote:

Hi,
I am using a formula such as
=VLOOKUP(A18;'C:[NF1.xls]Sheet1'!$B$15:$F$41;3;FALSE)*((AND(C6='[Not
Fiþleri.xls]Sheet1'!$F$8)))
to retrieve data from an excel file to my main working excel file. The
referance data are in A18 and C6. The data in A18 is always the same but the
data in C6 will differ for the range C6:Z6.
I need to generelize this process, getting data from all files from within a
folder (and retrieving data from a range of columns) via a macro process.
Can you suggest a stucture for it?
p.s.: I can be more spesific if asked...
TIA

J_J

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom,
OK but let me start from the very beginning.
how do I add the the two "conditions" into my macro?. (If data in A18 and C6
is there?)
J_J

"J_J" wrote:

Hi,
I am using a formula such as
=VLOOKUP(A18;'C:[NF1.xls]Sheet1'!$B$15:$F$41;3;FALSE)*((AND(C6='[Not
Fi?leri.xls]Sheet1'!$F$8)))