Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how can I specific a folder with wildcard criteria and excel will import all the correct files in that folder?

how can I specific a folder with wildcard criteria and excel will
import all the correct files in that folder?

I am completely new to macro programming. After doing a little research
I found out that GetOpenFilename or GetFileList may be able to do
similiar job. But I don't exactly know how to use getopenfilename and
getfilelist doesnt seem to be an valid function in exceel 2003. May you
give me a little instruction? Do you know any online library that gives
detailed explanations of most excel VBA functions?? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Raven,
Basically you can't.
If you provide the user with a dialog (or SHBrowseForFolder API) to select a
folder, you can open/process each .xls found there.
http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/browse/browseoverview.htm will get you started.

NickHK

oups.com...