Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default how can I specific a folder with wildcard criteria and excel will import all the correct files in that folder?

Raven,
Basically you can't.
If you provide the user with a dialog (or SHBrowseForFolder API) to select a
folder, you can open/process each .xls found there.
http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/browse/browseoverview.htm will get you started.

NickHK

"Raven" wrote in message
oups.com...
how can I specific a folder with wildcard criteria and excel will
import all the correct files in that folder?

I am completely new to macro programming. After doing a little research
I found out that GetOpenFilename or GetFileList may be able to do
similiar job. But I don't exactly know how to use getopenfilename and
getfilelist doesnt seem to be an valid function in exceel 2003. May you
give me a little instruction? Do you know any online library that gives
detailed explanations of most excel VBA functions?? Thanks.