Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with Date Macro/Function

Hey everyone. I know most of the basic stuff about Excel, but I have
never used Macros before and I believe that is what I need for this
particular problem.

What I need is some way that I can run a macro or whatever, and if I
run the macro it will update a field on the spreadsheet. But I don't
want it to update every time the user opens the spreadsheet, only if
they run the macro.

What I want the macro to display is the Year Month Day Hour Minute
Second of whatever date/time it is when the macro is ran. And I need
all of the values to be 2 digits. So if it was 2:33.54am January 1,
1994 and I ran the macro the field would be updated and say:
940101023354 formatted yymmddhhmmss

If anyone knows how to do this I would greatly appreciate some
instruction.

Thanks very much in advance.

Ryan M. Murphy

--