Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Import Errors

Good morning,

We import the information from 50 Excel files to Access weekly using the
code "ADODB Connection". From time to time, one or two of 50 Excel files
would not import (or a portion of information in those file got imported),
and we would get an error message "Type Mismatch".

The fields in these 50 files are designed to align with the fields in Access
as far as data type. The kicked out files are not the same every time.
Basically, it's not happening on a specific file. In addition, if we redo
the kicked out file in a new template and re-import it using the code, it
would import with no problem.

I am very new with ADODB Connection. Also what I don't understand is the
files are structured and just happen randomly on the import.

Anyone would have any idea what causing this? Thanks.