Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Disable ability to Protect

Hi All........
If this is possible, I could use some help please.
1-User opens file and un-protects with password, and makes changes to sheet.
2-Tools Protection selection is disabled so user cannot re-invoke
Protection and insert their own password.
3-Before-save macro re-enables the Tools Protection selection and invokes
Sheet Protection with "MyOriginalPassword"

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sheet level protection is so easily broken, just put code in your project to
break the password and reset it.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Tom Ogilvy

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All........
If this is possible, I could use some help please.
1-User opens file and un-protects with password, and makes changes to sheet.
2-Tools Protection selection is disabled so user cannot re-invoke
Protection and insert their own password.
3-Before-save macro re-enables the Tools Protection selection and invokes
Sheet Protection with "MyOriginalPassword"

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Thanks Tom.......that got me to where I needed to be.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3