Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Converting military times to numbers

I have a column that contains times in military format. I want to
convert the times to numbers, with no formatting.

For example:

Right now the columns show the following:

0:01
0:23
2:14
13:32
19:54

Their actual values a

12:01:00 AM
12:23:00 AM
2:14:00 AM
1:32:00 PM
7:54:00 PM

I want it to instead have the following values:

1
23
214
1332
1954

They should be formatted as numbers, with no indication that they
represent times.

Is this possible?

I have a worksheet that contains military times in number format that I
need to compare against.

Thanks.

--
Wire323
Wire323's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33218

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Would the following be of any help :
=VALUE(TEXT(A1,"hhmm"))

HTH
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=HOUR(A1)*100+MINUTE(A1)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Wire323" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That works, thanks.

I asked this question on a few different forums, and have gotten a few
different answers.