Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default combining worksheets

Hi Everyone,

I need some help. I have a workbook that contains a worksheet for each
day of the Month. eg. March 1 is named 01, March 2 is named 02 and so
on. I would like to add a summary worksheet that will List all the
dates in Column A, and in Column B the number of calls received for
that day. Each worksheet is formatted exactly the same and the
information for column B can be found in cell B1 of each worksheet. I
am not very good at VBA. Could someone help me write a VBA to populate
column B.

Thanks,
Julie

--
zapszipszops
zapszipszops's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33217

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way ...........this uses the value of the sheet names 01,02,03 etc) to
position each day on the summary sheet in the correct row, avoiding any
sortation and if there are gaps missing days. The summary sheet is renewed
each time the process is run and created if it does not exist. It transfers
the value in B1 on each sheet to the related row on the summary sheet.

Sub SummaryDate()
Dim wS As Worksheet, sumCreate As Boolean

' check if summary sheet exists
sumCreate = True
For Each wS In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
If wS.Name = "Summary" Then sumCreate = False
Next

' if no summary sheet add it at start
If sumCreate Then
Worksheets.Add befo=Sheets(1)
ActiveSheet.Name = "Summary"
End If

' clear then fill the summary sheet
Sheets("Summary").Cells.ClearContents
For Each wS In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
If Val(wS.Name) = 1 And Val(wS.Name) <= 31 Then
With Sheets("Summary")
.Cells(Val(wS.Name), 1) = wS.Name
.Cells(Val(wS.Name), 2) = wS.Range("B1")
End With
End If
Next

Cheers
Nigel

"zapszipszops"
wrote in message
news:zapszipszops.25tram_1144296601.1185@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi Everyone,

I need some help. I have a workbook that contains a worksheet for each
day of the Month. eg. March 1 is named 01, March 2 is named 02 and so
on. I would like to add a summary worksheet that will List all the
dates in Column A, and in Column B the number of calls received for
that day. Each worksheet is formatted exactly the same and the
information for column B can be found in cell B1 of each worksheet. I
am not very good at VBA. Could someone help me write a VBA to populate
column B.

Thanks,
Julie

--