Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hiding functions in add-in

Have a large add-in with lots of public functions.
This .xla is opened but not actually loaded with Tools, Add-ins.
How do I avoid all these functions appearing under the User defined
worksheet UDF's?
I thought Option Private Module would do this, but it doesn't.
I could put them in a worksheet module, but I will then get a very large
extra module.
I suppose I could make lots of worksheet modules but that somehow doesn't
seem quite right.
What is the best approach for this?

RBS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I made a mistake here.
I have a general purpose installed .xla add-in that has many of the same
functions as
my main commercial app. This add-in didn't have Option Private Module and I
mistook the functions in that .xla for the ones in the big .xla!
This is great as it saves me a lot of hassle fixing it.

RBS