Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Add-in for AS: Named Sets

Hi, we're using the Excel add-in for Analysis Services to build reports on
top of some AS2000 cubes.

The add-in doesn't seem to be picking up Named Sets from the cubes (e.g.
'Rolling 12 months' on our time dimension) making it difficult to build
reports that will automatically update over time. It doesn't seem to have the
same problem with Calculated Members which is of some relief, but the named
sets thing is really bugging us.

Has anybody managed to get round this?

We thought about customising the MDX but that seems to be locked; does
anyody know if the object model allows you to get at this?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

AndyL