Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copy rows from one spreadsheet to another

Hi All!

There have been some slight changes since i posted last. I have
spreadsheet (template.xls) that i want to copy data into from anothe
spreadsheet (names.xls). In name.xls the rows and columns are a
follows:

A B C ....
1 Name ID Date
2
3
4
5

What i was hoping to do is have the user enter the name (in say a
InputBox) and then have the columns B, C, D ...to L for that name i
the row get copied and pasted to the template.xls. The thing is tha
there will be multiple rows with the same name, all of which need to b
copied to the template.xls. I've heard that loops can take a long time
however i havent had any luck working with the 'find' method.

The problem also is that the columns in the name.xls spreadsheet do no
match exactly to the template. This is how they match up:

column D - I goes into column B - G
column J - L goes into column H - J
column M - R goes into column P - U
column S - W goes into column V - Z

I'm pretty new to vba and i wasnt sure how to get this sort o
functionality. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fo
reading!

- Viewmaste

--
viewmaste