Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default code to highlight max value in a range

Range D2:D100 has several values and some blanks. I need a good way to
highlight the maximum value in this column and its matching value in column
C. I'd like to highlight them red and bold.

I need CODE, NOT formulas in the cells since there are already formulas in
the cells.

much thanks far any assistance
Giselle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can just use conditional formatting. Your format for cell d2 (you can
copy this format to all of the cells D2:D100) would be

=d2=max($D$2:$D$100)

And you just set your format according to your specs...
For column C it would be

=c2=max($D$2:$D$100)
--
HTH...