Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default code to highlight max value in a range

You can just use conditional formatting. Your format for cell d2 (you can
copy this format to all of the cells D2:D100) would be

=d2=max($D$2:$D$100)

And you just set your format according to your specs...
For column C it would be

=c2=max($D$2:$D$100)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Giselle" wrote:

Range D2:D100 has several values and some blanks. I need a good way to
highlight the maximum value in this column and its matching value in column
C. I'd like to highlight them red and bold.

I need CODE, NOT formulas in the cells since there are already formulas in
the cells.

much thanks far any assistance
Giselle