Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Linking checkboxes between userforms

Is there a way to link checkboxes between 2 different user forms (say
ckbCoast is in frmLocal and ckbSFR is in frmInfo)? Perhaps there's
Hide Me function that would keep one
user form open, just not shown on the screen giving the next form the
ability to link back to it. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes you can, but the two user forms must be loaded in memory. You can load
a userform and then hide it, or load with the hide method and it will be
loaded (if not already) and hidden.

The following code is behind userform1, which when it initialises, loads and
hides userform2. Changes to the checkbox1 on userform1 are 'copied' to
userform2 -checkbox1

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
UserForm2.Hide
End Sub

Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
UserForm2.CheckBox1.Value = CheckBox1.Value

Cheers
Nigel

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a way to link checkboxes between 2 different user forms (say
ckbCoast is in frmLocal and ckbSFR is in frmInfo)? Perhaps there's
Hide Me function that would keep one
user form open, just not shown on the screen giving the next form the
ability to link back to it. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That makes sense, but would I have to create an actual CheckBox1 in
UserForm2? I'm looking for a solution that wouldn't require me to
duplicate a checkbox across the forms.