Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Way keep track of edits and editors

The problem is (at least) two-fold as I see it.
The problem: I would like to review the time/date of the last x changes
made to a spreadsheet and who made them.
The spreadsheet is distributed among a closed network and I just want to see
who made changes and when....and I'm assuming that as soon as I open the
file, I am immediately the 'creator of record'....hence a list of previous
people to have modified the file. So:
1) I would like a macro to automatically run when the worksheet is opened
that records the user and the time/date.
2) I would like a macro that shows a list of the last....say, 5.....people
to make changes and the time/date the changes were made.
Many thanks,
Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Never used it myself, but there is a history setting available when you
SHARE as workbook. (tools=Share Workbook. . . )

Look in help at that feature and see if it will help.

Tom Ogilvy