Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Finding values within an array

Is there a neater/faster way than having to use worksheet functions and
iterating through an array to find values.

my example - I have an array containing the following:
AAAA ZZ 0001
BBBB ZZ 0001
AAAA XX 0001
BBBB ZZ 0001
AAAA XX 0001

I'm aiming to search for 'AAAA' and 'XX' which would return a subtotal
of 2.
If this needs more explain - give a shout.
Cheers,
Matt.

--
MattShoreson
MattShoreson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3472

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Beyond worksheet functions, there are no VBA functions that would do what you
want. That said, looping through an array is very fast. the only function I
can think of that comes close to working with an array is the Filter
function, but it only works on a one dimensional array of strings.
Tom Ogilvy