Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help, Ill try to explain my problem.

I have a problem in Excel that I hope someone can help me with.

I have a sheet that looks like a data base, id number, name, age, city
is the kolumns name.

Now i would like the same information on a different sheet but in a
different order. (kinda like the sort function). In this sheet I would
like every information but the people sortet by the city, everybode
from the same city.

I could just write every new "member" twice, in eatch sheet and then
sort sheet number two in that order. But I dont want to do this... :)

Please help me...

--
popunonkok
popunonkok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Popunonkok,

Try using Excel's built in Advanced Filter feature.

If you are not familiar with this feature, see Debra Dalgleish's tutorial
at:

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

If you need to automate this process, turn on the macro recorder while you
perform the required operations manually. The resultant code may be edited
to permit more general application.

Note that the filter oiperation should be invoked from the destination
sheet.

If you experience problems with such editing, post back with details.

---
Regards,
Norman

"popunonkok" wrote
in message ...

I have a problem in Excel that I hope someone can help me with.

I have a sheet that looks like a data base, id number, name, age, city
is the kolumns name.

Now i would like the same information on a different sheet but in a
different order. (kinda like the sort function). In this sheet I would
like every information but the people sortet by the city, everybode
from the same city.

I could just write every new "member" twice, in eatch sheet and then
sort sheet number two in that order. But I dont want to do this... :)

Please help me...

--
popunonkok
popunonkok's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526692

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
Sounds like a pivot table may be the best approach for you as they
allow fast & flexible manipulation of data.
Have a read of:
http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm
&

hth
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 04:44:35 -0600, popunonkok
wrote:

I have a problem in Excel that I hope someone can help me with.

I have a sheet that looks like a data base, id number, name, age, city
is the kolumns name.

Now i would like the same information on a different sheet but in a
different order. (kinda like the sort function). In this sheet I would
like every information but the people sortet by the city, everybode
from the same city.

I could just write every new "member" twice, in eatch sheet and then
sort sheet number two in that order. But I dont want to do this... :)

Please help me...

Select the entire table on OldSheet.
Copy to NewSheet
On NewSheet, Data/Sort