Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default need help for creating a macro

Hi experts,
I post this message a few days ago but received no answers. I am sure there
are people here who can suggest solutions about my problem. Maybe I should
repeat my question again.
Is there a chance to use an excel macro to count the number of times which
PC has accessed to the LAN printer?.
An example or an URL link for it will be much appreciated.
Thank in advance
J_J

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't see how that would be possible, because the printer could be
accessed by many applications, not just Excel. You could add code to
intercept printing in Excel and add to a counter in there but that is only
part of the issue.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"J_J" wrote in message
Hi experts,
I post this message a few days ago but received no answers. I am sure

there
are people here who can suggest solutions about my problem. Maybe I should
repeat my question again.
Is there a chance to use an excel macro to count the number of times which
PC has accessed to the LAN printer?.
An example or an URL link for it will be much appreciated.
Thank in advance
J_J

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the answer Bob.
I am only interested on which computer has accessed the LAN printer and how
many times?.
No matter which program is used to access....
Yes I can underestand the problem better now. Do you think it may not be
possible to execute an excel macro to
do such a job?
TIA
J_J

"J_J" wrote in message
Hi experts,
I post this message a few days ago but received no answers. I am sure

there
are people here who can suggest solutions about my problem. Maybe I
should
repeat my question again.
Is there a chance to use an excel macro to count the number of times
which
PC has accessed to the LAN printer?.
An example or an URL link for it will be much appreciated.
Thank in advance
J_J

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No I don't think so as Excel will know nothing about other applications
print, there is no link between them.

If it could be done, and this is beyond my knowledge, I think it would have
to be done in Windows programming.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips