Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Scheduled Tasks & Starting Excel in a Minimized Window

All,

Is there a command line start up switch that will start Excel in minimized
mode?

I found many switches, but not this one. The reason I would like to use it:
I am running several Excel programs from task scheduler. I would prefer
that the Excel screen would not pop up while I am working. I know I can hide
or minimize after Excel has open'd, but that takes a few seconds to happen.

I am not married to the "switch" idea - so if there is another way, I would
be happy hear about it. Thx.

Thank you for your assistance.
MSweetG222

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put this in a module, works for me, it maximised excel and the workbook

Sub auto_open

Application.WindowState = xlMaximized
Windows(1).WindowState = xlMaximized

end sub

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, thought you said maximised

still use this code and it should minimise it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for the code. I will keep with my snippets.

I am looking to minimize excel BEFORE or AS excel starts.
For example, if you take the Excel.exe short cut, right mouse click, select
properties, you can change the "run" to minimized. Now when you click that
Icon, excel will minimize immediately. However, the same is not true on
short cuts to excel workbooks created by users.

The reason I need it is that I am running several Excel programs from task
scheduler. I would prefer that the Excel screen would not pop up while I am
working. I know I can hide or minimize after Excel has open'd, but that
takes a few seconds to happen.

Thx
MSweetG222

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

when I use this in the shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" /e
"C:\Data\20020528sm.xls"

and set it to run minimized, it worked for me.

Tom Ogilvy

"MSweetG222" wrote in message
Thank you for the code. I will keep with my snippets.

I am looking to minimize excel BEFORE or AS excel starts.
For example, if you take the Excel.exe short cut, right mouse click,

select
properties, you can change the "run" to minimized. Now when you click

that
Icon, excel will minimize immediately. However, the same is not true on
short cuts to excel workbooks created by users.

The reason I need it is that I am running several Excel programs from task
scheduler. I would prefer that the Excel screen would not pop up while I

am
working. I know I can hide or minimize after Excel has open'd, but that
takes a few seconds to happen.

Thx
MSweetG222

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Tom!

My shortcut was missing the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" /e portion of the request.
It works just fine now!

Thanks Again!
MSweetG222