Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MSweetG222 MSweetG222 is offline

Default Scheduled Tasks & Starting Excel in a Minimized Window

Thank you for the code. I will keep with my snippets.

I am looking to minimize excel BEFORE or AS excel starts.
For example, if you take the Excel.exe short cut, right mouse click, select
properties, you can change the "run" to minimized. Now when you click that
Icon, excel will minimize immediately. However, the same is not true on
short cuts to excel workbooks created by users.

The reason I need it is that I am running several Excel programs from task
scheduler. I would prefer that the Excel screen would not pop up while I am
working. I know I can hide or minimize after Excel has open'd, but that
takes a few seconds to happen.

Thx
MSweetG222