Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default help! print screen locks up excel

Hello, I have a workbook that contains several macros and many formulas. It
works beautifully until I try to print or do a print preview. Then it locks
up excel and I have to restart. Any ideas about what is causing this?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As a test, try selecting a different printer so that you have a different
print driver selected and try printing. Excel interacts with the print
driver when trying to print, so there may be a problem there.

Note that if you don't have access to a different printer, you can install
any available print driver and then use print preview rather than print (if
print preview causes the same problem) to do the testing.

Tom Ogilvy

"pywhacket" wrote:

Hello, I have a workbook that contains several macros and many formulas. It
works beautifully until I try to print or do a print preview. Then it locks
up excel and I have to restart. Any ideas about what is causing this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unless it is just taking a long time I haven't seen any other postings that
would indicate this is a systemic problem. Maybe check the knowledge base
and see if you can find something

http://support.microsoft.com

Tom Ogilvy

"pywhacket" wrote:

Hello, I have a workbook that contains several macros and many formulas. It
works beautifully until I try to print or do a print preview. Then it locks
up excel and I have to restart. Any ideas about what is causing this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for all of the help. I figured it out. There is an image that shows up
on the worksheets and the way I have it refreshing the images were repasting
over and over - there were thousands. I put the image in a header instead. I
felt quite idiotic when I realized what was happening!