Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default No 'paste special'

I am using Excel 2002 (10.6501.6714)SP1 and recently upgrded my memory to
1024M. I am trying to transpose some rows and columns and Paste Special is
grayed out and unavailable. Is this a problem with Office, Excel, XP(home),
or ?.? Is there a work around without reinstalling any or all of the above?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is the sheet protected?

or even more likely, is there anything in the clipboard that can be pasted
with pastespecial?

Tom Ogilvy

"Milco" wrote:

I am using Excel 2002 (10.6501.6714)SP1 and recently upgrded my memory to
1024M. I am trying to transpose some rows and columns and Paste Special is
grayed out and unavailable. Is this a problem with Office, Excel, XP(home),
or ?.? Is there a work around without reinstalling any or all of the above?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, so when your clipboard is empty Paste special will be grayed (disabled)
for ever and also Paste. Put some data in your clipboard and then should
everything be enabled.

Henrich

€žMilco" napĂ*sal (napĂ*sala):

"Milco" wrote:

I am using Excel 2002 (10.6501.6714)SP1 and recently upgrded my memory to
1024M. I am trying to transpose some rows and columns and Paste Special is
grayed out and unavailable. Is this a problem with Office, Excel, XP(home),
or ?.? Is there a work around without reinstalling any or all of the above?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Milco -

If you first choose Edit | Cut, Paste Special is greyed out.

If you first choose Edit | Copy, Paste Special is available.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"Milco" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2002 (10.6501.6714)SP1 and recently upgrded my memory to
1024M. I am trying to transpose some rows and columns and Paste Special
is
grayed out and unavailable. Is this a problem with Office, Excel,
XP(home),
or ?.? Is there a work around without reinstalling any or all of the
above?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, that did the trick. Actually I selected range, then CTRL X as per
the answer to my question under Excel-Worksheet function asking how to
convert rows to columns.