Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default vba codes

i am useing excel 2000 and i have several rubber compound recipes.i have
these recipes in customer files.i have each recipe on one sheet and put the
name of the recipe on the tabs.each costomer file might have up to 20
defferent recipes.and i have another file that i keep a list of all my
ingrediants and the amount that i have in stock.my ?? is. is it possible to
write a code that will automadicly go to my inventory and deduct the amount
of ingrediant of any given recipe that i use.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel vba can can certainly be programmed to loop through a section of cells,
pickup the value of the cell and find that value on another sheet, then
subtract the value from the right of the original cell from the cell to the
right of the found cell on another sheet. It can also be programmed to be
given a unique identifier for the recipe and find that identifier by looking
across as many sheets as you specify or just find it on one sheet and then
use the position that cell to fine the block of cells to loop through.

Beyond that, your description does not lend itself specific examples. But
as a demonstration, select one of your customer sheets. Turn on the macro
recorder and do Edit=find and put in the unique identifier/name of that
recipe. Excel should select it. then turn off the macro recorder and go to
the VBE and look at the recorded code. This would be your basic search code.

Tom Ogilvy

Zip Codes Bill New Users to Excel 6 August 7th 08 10:47 PM
VBA codes Emdad Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 July 3rd 08 03:18 PM
Need some help with codes Tom Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 August 16th 07 01:09 AM
Zip Codes Queen Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 February 18th 05 02:47 PM
Zip Codes [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 10 November 27th 04 05:23 PM