Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default number length limit

I am putting a number in cell A1

the number is an order number that was generated
however when I put in the number, the last few digits are showing a
0's.

Is there any way to fix this, here is my number.

200603191216515085

and it is showing as

200603191216515000

Thanks for any hel

--
jhahe
jhahes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2359

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put an apostrophe (single quote) in front of the number

'200603191216515085

or format the cell as text

Regards

Trevor

"jhahes" wrote in
message ...

I am putting a number in cell A1

the number is an order number that was generated
however when I put in the number, the last few digits are showing as
0's.

Is there any way to fix this, here is my number.

200603191216515085

and it is showing as

200603191216515000

Thanks for any help

--
jhahes
jhahes's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

jhahes

Excel supports 15 significant digits. Since you won't be doing any math on
this, it's not really a number, but text. Precede the number with an
apostrophe and you can enter as many numerals as you like.

--
Dick Kusleika
MS MVP - Excel