Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Runtime Error 1004

All = firstpart + SECONDPART + thirdpart + ".xls"
MsgBox "File about to be saved under name of C:\My Documents " + All

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=All, FileFormat:=xlExcel4

Using this code, a user logs into their own desktop computer and tries to
save an xls spreadsheet (using Office Xp and Windows XP Pro Sp2), they are
faced with the above error, however, when they log onto another pc the
Filename does get saved.

I would appreciate any help...

stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This makes no difference Tom. I can open the .xls and run the code and save
the file on and pc in my work using my name and password in Windows XP, BUT
any other user who tries similar gets the runtime error and cannot save the
file. However, if user selects, File Saveas from top menu, and then presses
the command button (which the code is assigned to), the file can be saved.

UPDATE: just found out...C:\My Documents will not work under Windows
XP...permissions. I reasssigned the pathname to C:\temp and it works now.

thanks for your help anyhow