Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Class Modules

Hi,

I've created a class module containing methods and properties.
Everything works fine.

However....

When I expose the methods and properties after instantiating the class
they are shown as one big list in intellisense.

i.e. clsReturnExcelADO.CompilePath

How can I change alter this to produce a more tree like behaviour?

i.e. clsReturnExcelADO.Path.compil

--
MattShoreso
MattShoreson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=347

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is what I'm trying to do above inheritance

--
MattShoreso
MattShoreson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=347
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52472

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

anyone? Tom? any ideas

--
MattShoreso
MattShoreson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=347
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52472

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Matt,

Create a new class module named CPath and insert the following
code:

Public Function Compile()
Debug.Print "Compile"
End Function

Then in your CReturnExcelADO class, put the following code:

Public Path As CPath

Private Sub Class_Initialize()
Set Path = New CPath
End Sub

Now you can call the comile method as

Dim clsReturnExcelADO As CReturnADO
Set clsReturnExcelADO = New CReturnADO
clsReturnExcelADO.Path.compile

Strucutring you code this way is a very simple object model.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"MattShoreson"
wrote
in message
news:MattShoreson.250lan_1142935844.5787@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi,

I've created a class module containing methods and properties.
Everything works fine.

However....

When I expose the methods and properties after instantiating
the class,
they are shown as one big list in intellisense.

i.e. clsReturnExcelADO.CompilePath

How can I change alter this to produce a more tree like
behaviour?

i.e. clsReturnExcelADO.Path.compile

--
MattShoreson
MattShoreson's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Chip.

Do you know of any resource/book which explains this in more detail
specifically make methods and properties accessible to parent classe
etc.

thx matt

--
MattShoreso
MattShoreson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=347
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52472

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Matt,

Take a look at Chip's "Class Module" page on his site:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ClassModules.htm

Best regards

John

"MattShoreson"
wrote in message
news:MattShoreson.2510sz_1142955902.4127@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Thanks Chip.

Do you know of any resource/book which explains this in more detail,
specifically make methods and properties accessible to parent classes
etc.

thx matt.

--
MattShoreson
MattShoreson's Profile:

Basic question - modules and class modules - what's the difference? Mark Stephens[_3_] Excel Programming 9 May 8th 05 11:48 AM
Class Modules Pavlos Excel Programming 5 January 19th 05 05:31 PM
Class modules pk Excel Programming 2 October 3rd 03 03:45 AM
Class Modules vs Modules Jeff Marshall Excel Programming 2 September 28th 03 07:57 PM
Class Modules Siphuncle Excel Programming 2 August 12th 03 06:37 PM