Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XML Import too slow

Dear All,

I've a XML file (12.000 records , around 6MB) and it's schema (around 15
columns). I added XSD file as a map and mapped all columns from A1. When I
import the XML file, it takes around 5 minutes to complete on P4 2.6GHz 768MB
RAM notebook.

As this is not bad enough, in our template design we need to export from one
sheet to import on another, I don't need to tell you how long these two
operation takes.

Is there any thing I can do to make this faster?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XML Import too slow (More detail)

Dear All,

I see this strange behaviour while importing an XML file. Let's say I've a
file with 12.000 records in it. If I import this file, it takes around 5
minutes.

But if I split this file into 12 pieces (1.000 records each) and import
these in order with Override option as False, it takes around 24 seconds
(every 1.000 records took 2 seconds) and the result dataset is same as 12.000
records import case.

Now, is there some option I need to turn off or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance.