Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel File Saving - not wanted

I have a vbs script, opens a spreadsheet, reads some data and
uses that to launch some other scripts.

For a long time, it's worked just fine.
All of the sudden, after the script has read the data,
a dialog box pops up asking
"Do you want to save the changes..."

I've set the file to open read only.
I've set Display.Alerts=False

Neither one made any difference.

It didn't start doing this until a couple of weeks ago.
It's annoying, to say the least.

Note: The script is often run on PC's on which we're
RDC'd into. AND, the xls workbook is running in shared mode.

Any ideas, hints or suggestions ?

--
Paul Davidson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gary:

Thanks for the reply.
Shortly after posting this msg,
I added that line to my code and voila it worked great.

I still don't understand why the behavior suddenly changed,
but then again, IT has a way pushing things on us without
alerting us.

--
TIA
Paul Davidson