Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sorting by 3 columns

Hello again,

I have gotten my spreadsheet up and running with the macro's and it
works great, when there are big changes a little tweak here and there
and everything still works great. I couldn't be more thankful to all of
those who have helped.

But I have another question.

Now I need to sort by three columns. For example:

A B C D
Test 1 2 3
Test2 1 2 3
Test3 8 9 0

Now I want to compile a list from column D if they have the same value
in B and C and there are two of the same value in D. So because B and C
of Test and Test2 are the same I want to see if there are two of the
same value in D. If there is I want to have a Spreadsheet with B C and
D.

Now this probably isn't very clear, please ask questions to help me
clarify this I can't think of a better way at the moment.

Thanks for all the help again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Will the data be physically sorted by B, C and D?
so any records matching your criteria will be adjacent.

Will any of the records have more than two record matches. example

A B C D
Test 1 2 3
test1 1 2 3
Test2 1 2 3
Test3 8 9 0

test, test1 and test2 would form a matching set. Can this occur?

Tom Ogilvy

Tom Ogilvy

"Kris" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No not always. Which is what I am having the problem with being able to
search this entire spreadsheet and finding matches and then notifying
me. Even if the macro just complied a list of all of the items in say
column D and the number of instances it occured when both instances had
the same B and C value.

Thanks for the help Tom.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well it seems that I have been able to accomplish what I wanted with a
Pivot Chart. However I need a little help formating this chart to my
needs. The chart automatically selects every value in the drop down
boxes it creates. Is there a way to have it so that It selects nothing?
That way the user is forced to update it to their needs.

Thanks for the advice.