Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Default Kill all Task Panes?

I've just been upgraded from XL 2000 to XL XP, so Task Panes are new to me.
Is there some code I could put in Personal or wherever else to kill any Task
Pane that wants to come up? Or do I just have to deselect every option on
each one individually?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ed Wrote:
I've just been upgraded from XL 2000 to XL XP, so Task Panes are new t
me.
Is there some code I could put in Personal or wherever else to kill an
Task
Pane that wants to come up? Or do I just have to deselect every optio
on
each one individually?

Ed

This works on Excel 2003 SP1, but not SP2 for some reason. You migh
try this:

1. Quit any programs that are running.
2. Click Start, and then click Run. Type regedit and click OK.
3. In the Registry Editor, click to select the following subkey
(folder):
HKey_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Co mmon\General
4. On the Edit menu, point to New and click DWORD Value. With New Valu

#1 selected, type AcbControl, and then press ENTER.
5. On the Edit menu, click Modify. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box

click Decimal under Base. Type 1 in the Value data box. Click OK and
quit the Registry Editor

--
travic
travich's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3561