Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can Paramaters be used w/ OLE SQL Query & Excel

I have used Parameters w/ ODBC MS Query, but would like to use Parameters
with an OLE connection to SQL Server... does not seems to work gives error
"No Value Given for one or More Parameters"

Ideally it would be great to refer to a Excel Range name in the OLE Query to
get the Paramaters.

Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you say you want parameters, do you mean for a stored procedure, or
just a straight SQL query with a few where clauses?

There's a routine I posted here that shows how to run a parameterised stored
proc.

http://groups.google.com.hk/group/mi...2dd1dee?hl=en&

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Nodak" wrote in message
I have used Parameters w/ ODBC MS Query, but would like to use Parameters
with an OLE connection to SQL Server... does not seems to work gives error
"No Value Given for one or More Parameters"

Ideally it would be great to refer to a Excel Range name in the OLE Query
get the Paramaters.

Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Robin -

I am "new" to SQL and just put basic Select statements in ODBC MS Query box.
If I enter "?" in Where statement it will prompt when I refresh in Excel to
enter values. I normally just point them to Excel cells for the values.
Using "Parameters" on the Excel menu

I have not been able when using OLE Execl SQL link to get it to prompt me
for values.

Does your link prompt when you "Refresh Data" in Excel? Sadly I will admit
your Stored Proc is more advanced than I am familar with.
Thanks ..