Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automatic links to another workbook

I have a program that I have been working on at work. I brought it home and
everytime I open the program, I get this error saying that there are
automatic links to another workbook that is not on this computer. I have
removed and changed all the links to this book and it should no longer need
anything from the original workbook. I have downloaded findlink add-in and
ran it. I have cleared all links. Still I get this error. I there some
kind of code that I could put in so that when the book is opened, the error
would not show on the screen?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Change you setting in tools=Options=Edit tab (down at the bottom) to Ask to
update automatic links.

Then when asked, choose no.

Tom Ogilvy

"justaguyfromky" wrote:

I have a program that I have been working on at work. I brought it home and
everytime I open the program, I get this error saying that there are
automatic links to another workbook that is not on this computer. I have
removed and changed all the links to this book and it should no longer need
anything from the original workbook. I have downloaded findlink add-in and
ran it. I have cleared all links. Still I get this error. I there some
kind of code that I could put in so that when the book is opened, the error
would not show on the screen?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

is there some vb code that can change this option and turn it back o
again

--
funkymonkU
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1813

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not from the workbook being opened. the update is attempted or the question
is asked before any code is run.

In xl2003 and maybe xl2002, there is an option under Edit=Links that
concerns this and which I believe is workbook specific. I don't have one of
those versions handy, so I can't give you the exact button name, but it is
in the lower left of that dialog I believe.

Tom Ogilvy

"funkymonkUK"
wrote in message

is there some vb code that can change this option and turn it back on
again?

--
funkymonkUK
funkymonkUK's Profile: