Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can Excel do this? (Template?)

I am creating a spread sheet and need to know if I can have the formula
change if needed?

This is basically a short template 100-150 rows but it flucuate
depending on the user. But when they re-edit the worksheets all of th
formulas need to be rewritten for the new length.

Is there anyway I can bind the formulas or somehow have them resiz
automatically based on certain criteria

--
kermitforne
kermitforney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3253

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Possibly use defined names/ranges instead of absolute references

Insert=name=Define
name: Loc1
Refersto: =offset(Sheet1!$a$1,0,0,Counta(sheet1!$A:$A),1)

then in your cell formula

=Sum(Loc1)

or you can do it directly

=sum(offset(Sheet1!$a$1,0,0,Counta(sheet1!$A:$A),1 ))

If it was as simple as sum, you could just do

=sum(A:A)

and not have to worry about changing it. However, this assumes you want to
sum anything in the column. Anyway, hopefully this will give you some ideas.

Tom Ogilvy

"kermitforney" wrote:

I am creating a spread sheet and need to know if I can have the formulas
change if needed?

This is basically a short template 100-150 rows but it flucuates
depending on the user. But when they re-edit the worksheets all of the
formulas need to be rewritten for the new length.

Is there anyway I can bind the formulas or somehow have them resize

kermitforney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32536
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=523208