Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default save sheet as Unicode CSV

Hello

The problem has been asked before but I couldn't find any satisfactory
answer. In short, I have Excel files which might contain extended
characters such as russian, chinese and others, and I want to get a CSV
out of a given sheet. From programming, that is via OLE. Is there any
decent way to do this ? I mean other than going through every cell,
hand-coding its contents to CSV and writing the file myself.

Regards
V. Simionescu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

V,
Excel does have a SaveAs Unicode Text option (which seems to give you a Tab
separated format), but as far as I see, csv will only give you ANSI
characters.

NickHK

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

The problem has been asked before but I couldn't find any satisfactory
answer. In short, I have Excel files which might contain extended
characters such as russian, chinese and others, and I want to get a CSV
out of a given sheet. From programming, that is via OLE. Is there any
decent way to do this ? I mean other than going through every cell,
hand-coding its contents to CSV and writing the file myself.

Regards
V. Simionescu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

The problem has been asked before but I couldn't find any satisfactory
answer. In short, I have Excel files which might contain extended
characters such as russian, chinese and others, and I want to get a CSV
out of a given sheet. From programming, that is via OLE. Is there any
decent way to do this ? I mean other than going through every cell,
hand-coding its contents to CSV and writing the file myself.

Regards
V. Simionescu

Thanks.
I knew that. I was hoping maybe the guys from MS will give an
authoritative answer of either what is to be done or that nothing can
be done.

Vlad