Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to clear links to external workbook

I have code that I use FORMULAR1C1 = "Index(...., Match(...))" into an
unused cell, then copy and pastespecial for paste value only and then
clear the contecnts of the cell I put the Index/Macth in.

Does that clear the link and if not how can that be done in VBA? The
file needs to become smaller somehow...

--
Wilbur
Wilbur's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31826

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip054.htm

or type in Finding links in your forum search bar

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, replacing the formula with the value it displays will remove a link
created by that formula. If the workbook contains other references to that
link, then you will need to remove them all to remove the link.

Tom Ogilvy

"Wilbur" wrote in
message ...