Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do i create a macro to find a specific data?

Let say i have the following dates starting from call "A7"
(Note : All cells are formulas, not actual key-in dates)
31-Mar-05
01-Apr-05
02-Apr-05
..
..
29-Mar-06
30-Mar-06
31-Mar-06

And in Cell "A4" (also formula) is the date 29-Mar-06.

What i need is a macro for find the cell for this date and then move 3
columns to the right.

Thanks in advance.
p.s. I not very good in macro, get ready for more stupid questions.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about a VLOOKUP formula? You won't need a macro at all.

look for the value in A4
in the first column of the range A7:D50
and return the value in the same row n column 4

cell B4: =vlookup($A$4,$A$7:$D$50,4,0)

"James" wrote in message
Let say i have the following dates starting from call "A7"
(Note : All cells are formulas, not actual key-in dates)
31-Mar-05
01-Apr-05
02-Apr-05
.