Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using a checkbox to change a formula

hi all

I have a checkbox, cbxUseNewSystem on my worksheet. When the box is
checked, I need to have a long CSE formula in cells G10:G30. Without the
boring details, its structure is:

{=IF(code here) & IF(more code here) & IF(even more code here)}

If the checkbox is NOT checked, the CSE formula in G10:G30 needs to be the
same as above, but with the last IF removed, like:

{=IF(code here) & IF(more code here)}

I'm just learning code, and I'm a bit confused as to how to do this? Any
help will be appreciated.

Giselle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you assign a linked cell to that checkbox? If yes, you can use:

=if(code)&if(morecode)&if(linkedcell=true,morecode ,"")

Depending on what checkbox you used, you assign that linked cell differently.

From the Forms toolbar--rightclick on it and choose format control|control tab.

From the Control Toolbox toolbar--click on the design mode icon on that same
toolbar and right click on the checkbox and choose properties.

--

Dave Peterson