Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable the prompt when clicking on a protected cell?

Hi all,

I have protected the worksheet to avoid any unwanted user intervention.
Then I was told to remove the corresponding message box when a user
attempts to modifed such a protected cell, i.e. When such an attempt
happens, Excel does NOTHING, rather than displaying a message telling
the user

"the cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore
read-only...
<How to modify it.."

So how can this message be stopped from being seen by the user? Thanks
any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Frank