Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2.7mb takes more than a minute to open

I have a file exported from an internal software where I have no access
to modify the settings, the file is approx. 2.7mb. It takes 1 minute
and 15 seconds to open the file. Even my 7mb files don't take this
long. File contains 2 logos, approx. 600kb. Even I remove them, nothing
changes, it still takes same duration to open. There is no formula or
other objects. It goes down 12,000 rows and 26 columns with some
columns merged.
I need to open this file with a code as part of some process, I tried
"calculation to manual" as well as "screenupdating to false", no avail.
When I tried to with Open and Repair facility, it works fine and fast
moreover the data stays as I really need, however I was not able to run
this way through code and I have to get over the messages during that
process.

I am not able to find any posts for this, all posts suggestions require
opening the file to get the data. Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Bayo