Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MD MD is offline

Default Help needed

Hi all,

I need help with an issue that is a mistery. I posted this a couple a weeks
ago and got nowhere. I have a workbook that was created on Excel7 french
edition. Since, it has now been edited with ExcelXP french edition. The
workbook has grown over 8MG in size. But if the worbook is ran on Excel2000
english edition SOME codes (not all) won't work and I get messages like;

Run-time error '2147319784 (80028018)':
Method 'Select' of object 'Range' failed

I've taken this file and deleted ALL the sheets but one (blank with nothing
on it), all the modules, all the forms, all the tags(names).... it is now
down to a simple 28KB file size.

I now attempt to write a simple sub like this;
Sub MyTest()
Range("A1").Select
End Sub

and I still get the message. I assume that there is some hidden code
lurking in that back so I got a CodeCleaner. That didn't help. Renaming
the file was a no-go too. If I import a working module into this workbook,
it will only work using Excel french edition not the english edition. I've
tried to open and repair in ExcelXP... no-go also. I've emailed Microsoft
with this, no reply yet!!!

I can send out the file to whomever that wants to look into it....I need
help.... Our offices can not use this file because of this issue!!!! I've
been searching newsgroups and found ppl having the same issue and they do
not an answer either, Can someone give this a shot!!!??? Please!

Michel D (to reach me remove REMOVE)

Deleting Rows With Non-Needed Data between Needed Data Daren Excel Worksheet Functions 2 September 30th 08 06:47 PM
Help needed Gary Excel Worksheet Functions 5 July 19th 06 02:36 AM
More help needed :-( ChrisMattock Excel Worksheet Functions 5 June 28th 06 01:03 PM
help needed orbit Excel Programming 1 October 8th 04 09:10 AM
Help needed... sameer27p[_19_] Excel Programming 3 July 26th 04 04:59 PM